Children are healthy, safe and thrive developmentally.
To build an environment that engages youth in healthy, productive activities and influences positive behaviors.
To make appropriate connections and referrals for children to optimize their health, safety and development through improved communication and collaboration among service providers.
- By improving the communication and collaboration among service providers to strengthen the early identification of challenges among children and their families.
- By creating a process to provide seamless referrals to the appropriate service provider(s).
- By early identification of family members demonstrating behaviour that may put them or other family members at risk.
- By connecting children and families with appropriate services and programs.
Outcomes & Indicators
- Increase in pro-social activities – sports, before/after school programs
- Connect “At Risk” families with pro pro-social services
Stay in School
- Increase school attendance and engagement
- More children staying in school
Increased Coordination of Service Response
- Reduce service gaps for children and families
- Reduction of children in care, families needing social assistance
Enhancing Family Services
- More evidence of effective parenting
- Safe, stable home environment
- Increase the strength of the family structure
Crime Reduction and Prevention
- Reduce the involvement with the criminal justice system
- Reduction of anti social/criminal behavior